Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh my... Google, CIA to "predict the future"

Here's a little gem. This goes to reaffirm my running hypothesis that there is some serious coziness between Google and CIA (or US intelligence more broadly). In principle, I don't see anything wrong with the idea but I think they've got it turned around backwards. They want to predict what you and I are going to be doing. That's easy. We'll wake up in the morning, go to work, eat lunch, go back to work, go to the gym, go home, watch TV, eat dinner, relax and then go to bed. Repeat. Peons have very predictable lives. A much more interesting (and useful) problem to solve is what the wealthiest and most powerful individuals will be doing with themselves. What choices will they next make? For that, you'll likely need a crystal ball.

No comments: